Modern Strategies Implemented
Design Orientation: To ensure that students learn to design, the design
training is not confined to just a few capstone courses, but starts from the very
beginning, and in as many courses as possible.
Honours Programme: To provide sufficient challenge to the brighter
students, an Honours programme is being offered.
Professional Orientation: Each academic programme has a standing committee
consisting of industry professionals who review the programmes each semester and
advise on the necessary modifications in programmes to help students acquire the
professional orientation that prepares them for immediate employment in the relevant
branch of engineering
Science and Mathematics: Each curriculum stresses the scientific basis
of engineering practice.
Breadth and Depth Requirements: Each curriculum is so designed that
it covers the essentials of the major sub-divisions of a discipline. The students
may be required to select electives from within groups of courses classified according
to the major sub-divisions of the discipline so that a depth area can be built.
- Students not segregated discipline-wise.
- Courses are offered for all students of the College, and NOT for students of a
- Co-operative teaching.
- Tutors expected to sit through lectures.
- Academic rank of the instructor does not matter. Best teachers for larger classes.
- Based on regular quizzes, home-assignments, mid-term examinations, projects
and final examinations.
- Final examination scripts to be shown to students.
- Scripts and records to be preserved for one term by the instructor.
- Grades to be submitted within a short interval of time.